1 Like

The House Of Tsar Peter The Great

The House Of Tsar Peter The Great. Vologda. May 2011.

Description From Wiki:

The cabin of Peter the Great (Russian: Domik Petra I or Domik Petra Pervogo or Domik Petra Velikogo) is a small wooden house which was the first St Petersburg "palace" of Tsar Peter the Great.


The log cabin was constructed in three days in May 1703,[1] by soldiers of the Semyonovskiy Regiment.[2] At that time, the new St Petersburg was described as "a heap of villages linked together, like some plantation in the West Indies".[3] The date of its construction is now considered to mark the foundation of the city.

The design is a combination of an izba, a traditional Russian countryside house typical of the 17th century, and the Tsar's beloved Dutch Baroque, later to evolve into the Petrine Baroque. Peter built similar domiki elsewhere in Russia - for example, in Voronezh, and Vologda.

View More »

Copyright: Dmitry O Belov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 13222x6611
Uploaded: 12/05/2011
Updated: 06/10/2014
Views:

...


Tags: vologda; 2011; house; spring; museum
comments powered by Disqus

Shusharin-EDA
Вологодский государственный ордена «Знак почёта» драматический театр
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Russian House
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Pushkin street
Shusharin-EDA
Kyrovsky skver
Shusharin-EDA
Revolution square
Shusharin-EDA
Вологда площадь Петра Ильича Чайковского
Shusharin-EDA
Круглый дворик
Shusharin-EDA
Krugly dvor 2
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
Shusharin-EDA
Торговый центр Oasis в Вологде
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Red Bridge
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Heiner Straesser - derPanoramafotograf.com
Tagar Cave Church, Cappadocia, Turkey
jacky cheng
2014-05 - Chengdu New Century Global Centre - Indoor -1
Gorazd Bajt
Meadow Razor
John Wood
Pete and Jen's Backyard Birds
Tomek Zuk
Rehberg Sunset
Christian Kleiman
Mesas Sala - Benidorm Palace Virtual Tour - Sala de Fiestas, Grandes Espectáculos y Eventos Sociales
Andrew Bodrov
The launch of Proton-M rocket with Intelsat 23 satellite
Scott Haraldson
Tin Whiskers
Volker Uhl
Bantry House and Garden
Ivan Tsyrkunovich
Покровский Собор. Inside
John Wood
Aviation Still Life
Volker Uhl
Cong Abbey
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
dmitry-o-belov
Miraculous Spring
dmitry-o-belov
Sholpinskoe Lake
dmitry-o-belov
Семигородняя. Вокзал.
dmitry-o-belov
River Dvinitsa at village Semigorodnyaya
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 2.
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 5.
dmitry-o-belov
View from the bell tower of the church of St. Nicholas
dmitry-o-belov
Semigorodnyaya Dvinitsa 2
dmitry-o-belov
Paramotor club on field
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
dmitry-o-belov
Church of Elijah the Prophet
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.