High on the hillside above the village of Robin Hoods Bay can be found the Old Church of St Stephen, Fylingdales. Built in 1822, the church is little changed from this time.
Its September 2011 and outside the remains of Hurricane Katia can be heard blowing. Around us can be seen the numbered box pews which would be used by families or individuals who paid a annual fee for there use. Above us can be seen the gallery with its organ, hanging from the gallery to the right of pew 25 can be seen the "maidens garlands", made from ribbon these would be carried at the funeral procession of a maiden of the district. On the opposite wall by the windows can be seen the "Three Decker Pulpit".