This building is known as "The Old Parliament Building or in Swedish, "Gamla Riksdagshuset". It served as a parliament building from 1834. The building is built on the foundation of an old monastery. When there was a new constituion in 1865 with a two-chamber parliament another storey was added to the building. The parliament moved to its current location at Helgeandsholmen in 1905.