The door of Cambrón Renaissance is a beautiful monument dating back to 1576. It owes its name to the many thorn that existed in the vicinity. Originally built by King Wamba, and reformed by the Arabs, whose traces are still rebuilding.
The interior decoration of the facade is very simple. A Doric first body with a bow cushions and above the niche, with Santa Leocadia. The pyramids of stone crowning the columns show a tinge pagan Christian revival. The narrow thick balustrades balconies let the sun take painfully a ray of light into the darkness of the room. The exterior has a nice look in his beautiful gallery, in the left column are set with Kufic characters, the indelible mark before the current building. In their niches, statues of the Kings modern Visigoths Sisebuto Sisenando and guard the shield of the city.
Through this door came the humble village disguised Dona Maria Pacheco, widow of Juan de Padilla, when, with the flow of the Tagus, was to penetrate in Portugal. (Luis Moreno Nieto, "Encyclopedic Dictionary of Toledo and the Province" ISBN 84-400-2505-X)
Outside the door look at the access through the pedestrian ski lift from the Vega Baja designed by the AIA