Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
Here is a 260 Megapixel panorama of the East area of Syntagma square, in the center of Athens, where is the Neoclassical building that houses the Parliament of Greece. The choice of location and construction of the building was made by architect Friedrich von Gärtner,(1792-1847) in 1836. The Greek Parliament House is facing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, honoring all the unknown soldiers who died or bled for their country. This Monument was inaugurated on March 25th, 1932, the National Day when the Greeks celebrate the declaration of their War of Independence against the Turks. It is guarded by an infantry unit of the Greek army, the Evzones. Evzones wear traditional Greek uniforms and their most distinctive part is foustanela, a kilt-like skirt. The changing of the guards takes place every hour. During their service, the Evzones are not allowed to talk or move at all. Carved signs are written in ancient and modern Greek language on the wall of the tomb. One of them is an excerpt from the speech given by Pericles in 430 BC for the first dead of the Peloponnesian War: «Ανδρών επιφανών πάσα γη τάφος» that reads translated: 'The tomb of the glorious men is anywhere on earth'.