Built of wood in the fifteenth century by the Trifan and Stanca Stancescu family, rebuilt from stone by Matei Basarab (1632-1654), stone and brick by Metropolit Varlaam (1672-1674), the abbot Irotei Niculescu (1854-1856) and Justin Ionescu (1904), founder and current steeple, the church painted in 1731 by Ioasaf Grecu, painted in 1904 also; whole rebuilt after the earthquake of 1940 (between 1942 and 1944) by the Diocese of Arges.
Transalated from the next source: http://www.eparhiaargesului.ro/mrea_trivale.html
This county has a total area of 6,862 km². The relief can be split into 3 distinctive parts. In the north side there are the mountains, from the Southern Carpathians group - the Făgăraş Mountains with Moldoveanu Peak (2,544 m), Negoiu Peak (2,535 m) and Vanatoarea lui Buteanu peak (2,508 m) towering the region, and in the North-East part the Leaotă Mountains. Between them there is a pass towards Braşov, the Rucăr-Bran Passage. The heights decrease, and in the center there are the sub-carpathian hills, with heights around 800 m, crossed with very deep valleys. In the south there is the northern part of the Romanian Plain.The main river that crosses the county is the Argeş River in which almost all the other rivers coming from the mountains flow. In the south the main rivers are the Vedea River and the Teleorman River.