0 Likes

Topkapı Palace: Second Courtyard
Istanbul

The Topkapı Palace (Turkish: Topkapı Sarayı or in Ottoman Turkish: طوپقپو سرايى) is a large palace in Istanbul, Turkey, that was the primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans for approximately 400 years (1465-1856) of their 624-year reign.

Wikipedia: Topkapı Palace

Copyright: Alexey Tsepelev
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 7276x3638
Taken: 19/11/2011
Uploaded: 18/04/2012
Updated: 12/08/2014
Views:

...


Tags: palace; ottoman; sultan; lawn; kitchen; arch; trees; autumn
comments powered by Disqus

Gregory Panayotou
Tiarei Beach
T. Emrich
Surfing at the Eisbach (Ice River)
dieter kik
Tir à l' Arc Compagnie des Archers de l'Odet Quimper France
Richard Chesher
New Caledonia Treking Riviere des Pirogues Watchtower
Noel Jenkins
The Still House at the Bruichladdich distillery, Islay
Arnaud Chapin
Plage dans le port de la Houle à Cancale
Dmitriy Krasko
Sablinsky waterfall on the river Tosna - on the water
Pawel-Piotr-Jakubowscy
Slowackiego skwer kotowicza rzeszow
jacky cheng
Linfenshi Huamen-1
Richard Chesher
Diving New Caledonia Amedee Island
tim8809
Bishanyan Stairway
Gregory Panayotou
HM StarFlyer
More About Istanbul

Istanbul (historically Byzantium and later Constantinople; see the other names of Istanbul) is the largest city of Turkey and the third largest city in the world. The city covers 27 districts of the Istanbul province.It is located on the Bosphorus Strait and encompasses the natural harbor known as the Golden Horn, in the northwest of the country. It extends both on the European (Thrace) and on the Asian (Anatolia) side of the Bosphorus, and is thereby the only metropolis in the world which is situated on two continents. In its long history, Istanbul served as the capital city of the Roman Empire (330–395), the East Roman (Byzantine) Empire (395–1204 and 1261–1453), the Latin Empire (1204–1261), and the Ottoman Empire (1453–1922). The city was chosen as joint European Capital of Culture for 2010. The historic areas of Istanbul were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1985.