3 Likes

Kremlin area
Copyright: Alexey Yuzhakov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
Uploaded: 22/01/2010
Updated: 10/09/2014
Views:

...


Tags: kremlin; area; vologda; winter; cold; sun; russian winter; snow; sophian church
comments powered by Disqus

Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
dedmaxopka
SibNIA
Gary Krohe
Topeka-High-School-Cafeteria
Tord Remme
Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
SEIMA
Top Observatory of Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower
Kengo Shimizu
1000-Year-Old Japanese Wisteria
yunzen liu
yunnan kunming Dongchuan Red Soil 1——Sunset Valley terrace
Liquid Jungle Media
The Mayan Ruins in Caracol, Belize
Wolfgang Guelcker
Freiberg (Saxony) - Cathedral
Frank van Tol
Field of Tulips
Jan Vrsinsky
Zombiewalk 2012
Tomáš Klíma
Zruc nad Sazavou Castle
Tomáš Klíma
The Bone Church (Ossuary), Kutna Hora
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Alexey Yuzhakov
Semyenkovo. Zhukova house. Stove
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Pushkin street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo 2 Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Yaroslavl. Andropova street
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.