Likes

Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov

Вологодский кремль — историко-архитектурный ансамбль в центральной части Вологды, заложенный как крепость в 1567 году по приказу царя Ивана Грозного и игравший роль оборонительного укрепления в XVI—XVII веках. К 1820-м годам стены и башни кремля были разобраны. В настоящее время Вологодским кремлём не вполне корректно называют укреплённый комплекс Архиерейского двора XVII века, находившийся внутри крепости Ивана Грозного.

Copyright: Alexey Yuzhakov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
Uploaded: 24/11/2009
Updated: 10/09/2014
Views:

...


Tags: russia vologda kremlin night winter
comments powered by Disqus

dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Université pédagogique d'Etat
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Martin Banks
Uhuru peak - Kilimanjaro
Jens Remus
House on Fire
Dmitriy (dimfoto)
Nadvratnay hram
Martin Banks
Mount Klimajaro Uhuru Peak
Alexander Adashkevich
Sukhanovo, Arbor «the Temple of Venus». May 2011.
Marcio Cabral
Captain Don's dive point
David Rowley
Old Ghan Train
heiwa4126
100 Joe Kanon (1000 feet Guanyin)
Aleksandr Reznik
2011 05 16 Vatican Gigapixel View From St Peter Basilica Cupola
Adam Ciarcinski
Szczecin Underground
Thomas Schubert
Liebfrauenkirche, Langewiesen - in the organ chamber, Thuringia, Germany
Marek Koszorek
Man-o-War Cove
Alexey Yuzhakov
Yaroslavl. Andropova street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo 2 Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Université pédagogique d'Etat
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Pushkin street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Semyenkovo. Zhukova house. Stove
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.