2 Likes

Vologda Pushkin street
Copyright: Alexey Yuzhakov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 12566x6283
Uploaded: 29/11/2009
Updated: 10/09/2014
Views:

...


Tags: pushkin; vologda; night; russia; outdoor
comments powered by Disqus

Shusharin-EDA
Revolution square
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Russian House
Shusharin-EDA
Вологодский государственный ордена «Знак почёта» драматический театр
Shusharin-EDA
Круглый дворик
Shusharin-EDA
Krugly dvor 2
Shusharin-EDA
Kyrovsky skver
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Université pédagogique d'Etat
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Red Bridge
Sanalfotograf
Road of Island Tower, Big Island
Robert L. Tilden
Tallahassee Nurseries
Felipe Garchet
Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France
Napapun Piyatrakul Wongtala
wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat Sukhothai Thailand (ThaiiS)
Vasilis Triantafyllou
Vikos Canyon Oksia
Bernhard Ehrminger
Fishermen at the beach
Felipe Garchet
Monterosso al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy
Alex Avgustinov - Valentis Studio
Shekikhan Palace
Alexander Saranchuk
Florovsky convent
Felipe Garchet
Luxembourg Gardens, Paris, France
Antonio Cabral
Coches Museum
Alejandro Gutierrez
Plaza de Armas, SLP
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo 2 Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Pushkin street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Université pédagogique d'Etat
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
Alexey Yuzhakov
Yaroslavl. Andropova street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Semyenkovo. Zhukova house. Stove
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.