"Warm Springs is an unincorporated community in the Tonopah Basin and Nye County, Nevada, near the mountain pass which divides the Kawich and Hot Creek ranges (at 38.19°N 116.37°W). It is located at the junction of U.S. Route 6 and State Route 375 (the "Extraterrestrial Highway"), around 40 miles east of Tonopah. The first settlement in Warm Springs was in 1866, when it served as a stopover for stagecoaches and other travellers. Never more than a tiny settlement, Warm Springs' population dwindled until it became a ghost town.
All that remained was a single streetlight, a telephone box, and several huts built over pools filled by the warm springs that give the town its name."