ul. Rycerska (Knight Street) founded in the fourteenth century and was the transition for the city guard. Part of the fifteenth and early sixteenth century was called ul. Cudną. From the sixteenth century, dates back to the first poor road building. At the end of the sixteenth century, determined it as the street at the city walls. Knight's name is associated with the tower called the Knight House, acting in a room for the city guard, in the early seventeenth century.
The tower at the corner of piekarskiej (Bakers st.) lived cat, keeping a brothel here. The building was wooden and often destroyed by the fires. At the beginning of the eighteenth century in the poor, wooden houses adjacent to the walls and towers were living craftsmen, mostly shoemakers. In the second half of the eighteenth and early nineteenth century houses were built 1 - and 2-storey.
In the twentieth century, the Knights were beautiful, but neglected alley. Building was completely destroyed it in 1944. After the war, the Knights was built on one side - the north, south - is partially preserved, partially reconstructed defensive wall.