360° panorama of the Rose Garden in Welland Park, Market Harborough, UK. At the centre of the Rose Garden is the old Bell Tower from Symington's factory.
The plaque on the Bell Tower reads as follows:
This tower was mounted on the roof of the old six storey factory of H. & W. H. Symington & Co. Ltd Corset Manufacturers at Factory Lane, Market Harborough. The Factory, demolished in 1973, was first occupied by the company in 1861 and extended in 1878 when the bell tower was added. The bell was cast by J. Taylor and Co. of Loughborough.
During the 1939-1945 war over a million parachutes for the Royal Air Force were produced at the Symington Company's Market Harborough premises.
The plaque was added in 1977 by Harborough District Council to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of the accession of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II.