Wells Cathedral And Vicars Close
Share
mail
License license
loading...
Loading ...

Panoramic photo by Geoff Mather PRO EXPERT Taken 12:45, 24/09/2009 - Views loading...

Advertisement

Wells Cathedral And Vicars Close

The World > Europe > UK > England > City of Wells

  • Like / unlike
  • thumbs up
  • thumbs down

The Northern aspect of the cathedral and the Southern entrance to Vicars Close

comments powered by Disqus

Nearby images in City of Wells

map

A: Cathedral Wells Somerset England

by Richard Hart, less than 10 meters away

Cathedral Wells Somerset England

B: The Chapter House, Wells Cathedral

by Noel Jenkins, 20 meters away

The Chapter House of Wells Cathedral was completed in 1306. The octagonal building, accessed via well...

The Chapter House, Wells Cathedral

C: Vicar's Close 2,Wells UK

by Robert Muraszko, 30 meters away

Vicar's Close 2,Wells UK

D: Vicars Close, Wells

by Norm Burns, 30 meters away

Vicars Close, Wells

E: Wells Cathedral Chapter House Somerset England

by Geoff Mather, 30 meters away

The Chapter House (Photographic permit 47588).

Wells Cathedral Chapter House Somerset England

F: Alms Houses Wells Somerset England

by Richard Hart, 40 meters away

Houses built in the shadow of the church and by the church to house the poor.  Wells, Somerset.  Now ...

Alms Houses Wells Somerset England

G: Wells Vicars Close South Somerset England

by Geoff Mather, 40 meters away

Wells Vicars Close South Somerset England

H: Nave of Wells cathedral

by Jakub Hruska, 50 meters away

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wells_Cathedral

Nave of Wells cathedral

I: Vicar's Close

by Robert Muraszko, 60 meters away

Vicar's Close

J: The Nave, Wells Cathedral

by Noel Jenkins, 80 meters away

The impressive Nave of Wells Cathedral. The "scissor arches' were a mediaeval solution to sinking fou...

The Nave, Wells Cathedral

This panorama was taken in City of Wells

This is an overview of City of Wells

Wells is the second smallest cathedral city in England (after the City of London) and was founded in 1205. It is located at the foot of the Mendip Hills in Somerset.  It was named after the fact that there are three wells in the city closely associated with the cathedral.

Share this panorama