A small park with a monument that honors Carl Wilhelm Müller who was mayor of Leipzig in some years during the 18th century. The park is situated between the main station and the city. The Willy-Brandt-Platz is a central point where a lot of trams, buses and long distance and regional trains stop. The main station was build between 1911 and 1915. With 83,640 square meters it is largest station in Europe. Originally the station had 26 tracks inside and 5 outside. Nowadays it has 23 long distance tracks.