This is the site build in Memory of the 49 people of Paramythia, who were executed by the Nazis during the 2nd World War. On this very spot, on September 29 1943, German soldiers executed 49 citizens of Paramythia and the surrounding villages, in retaliation for the death of 6 German soldiers. They were 49 instead of 60 (10 Greeks for 1 German) because the days before, another 11 Greeks were killed on different locations. They were picked by members of the local Muslim population who were collaborating with the Germans and were the most prominent members of the local society. The names of the victims are engraved in stone. Among them were a priest, the headmaster of the local middle school, and a father and his 16 year old son. The building visible outside the site is the middle school of today. The local football court is also visible.