The Mark Twain Room at the Buffalo and Erie County Library is the home of the complete manuscript of Huckleberry Finn, in addition to over 500 English and foreign-language editions of Huckleberry Finn. The fireplace mantle is the restored mantle from the Clemens’ Buffalo home (from 1869 to 1871), which was at 472 Delaware Ave. The trunk in front of the mantle contained the 1st half of the Huck Finn manuscript after it was separated from the 2nd half (sometime after 1887) until it turned up at a New York auction around 1991. The two halves of the manuscript were reunited in 1992, after 105 years.
To see a panorama of the Mark Twain Study, where he wrote a good part of Huckleberry Finn, go to: