The Cathedral is built more decenija.Konacno was completed and consecrated 1166.godine, on which was written and preserved svjedocanstvo.U basically the central nave basilica, whose ship is twice wider than the two side, between which are placed alternately powerful and columns with Corinthian pillars capitals, some of which are, of ancient origin, this secondary upotrijebljeni.Brodovi ending in semicircular apsidama.Nad central bay rose the dome was removed after the devastating earthquake in 16.vijeku.
Leaning on the west side are two round-arched belfry connected porch with decorative border reljefima.Svoj got today's appearance in the late 17th century, after the earthquake in 1667. , in which he suffered great cathedral-ostecenja.Od sculptural decorative elements stand out molded baroque bell tower and opened a series of stylish head around their corners, large rosette on the front, middle storey trefoil ship, a series of blind arcades along the roof cornice, reconstructed southern portal and , in particular, with the main apse triforium Harmonious incorporated Romanesque-Gothic motifs, in today's appearance in the 14th century.
Saint-tripun2Katedrala of valuable specimens imobilijara I umijetnicka part, as usamoj church, and in the treasury of rare-relikvijaru.Poseban one side ciborium from the original church from the 9th preromanickim century with interlacing and high lavovima.Novi ciborium dates from second half of the 14th century, and probably the work of students Fra Vita Kotoranina.U lateral apses are both located Gothic Pieta sculpture-stone of Nordic origin, as well as painted wooden statue of Vincent Fererskog, Dubrovnik's work from the 15th vijeka.Cetiri marble altars were performed in Venice in the 18th century. The relief of the Madonna with Christ and the saints made the Deziderio Kotoranin in Baroque maniru.Tu is a masterpiece of medieval goldsmith Kotor-gilded silver fell.
Of the frescoes, which were in the first half of the 14th CITV century church adorned the interior of the so-called. Pictores graeci, there are only small fragments removed from the Crucifixion and the cross in the apse, and a dozen figures in the apex of the arch between brodova.Od stafelajnih Crucifixion painting stands out from Bashan Elder, bilateral icon of the Virgin and Christ in the sarcophagus, which is attributed to Lovro Dobricevic, vol. Bartholomew, vol. Led by the sv.Antonin Djerolama to Santa Croce, Adoration of the Magi by Michael Najdlingera and a few of unknown authors.
Relics of the cathedral is located in the semicircular spratnoj Chapel prizidanoj along the northern, where the marble reliefs and statues of free early 18th century by the Venetian sculptor Francesco Kabjanka.Tu, in addition to silver and strongman "sacred head" Tryphon, kept many relics and votive objects of various shapes, the works of Kotor goldsmiths of 15 to 20 century.
Photo by panorame from Sokobanje spa