The Ljubljana Town Hall (in Slovenian referred to as Mestna hiša, Magistrat or Rotov), which has been used as the seat of the Municipality of Ljubljana, was built in the late 15th century by the master builder Peter Bezlaj. It assumed its present appearance in the period between 1717 and 1719, when an annexe was added to it by the master builder Gregor Macek Snr. according to designs by Carlo Martinuzzi. Subsequently, the building was reconstructed several times, the most thoroughly in 1963 by architect Svetozar Kriaj.
The façade of the Town Hall reflects Venetian influences. Preserved in the entrance hall are a late Gothic plaque with a coat of arms, which is a remnant of the original building, and a statue of Hercules with a lion dating from the late 17th century, earlier a part of the Hercules Fountain, which used to stand in the middle of the Stari trg square. Situated in the Town Hall's arched courtyard is the Narcissus Fountain, a work by Francesco Robba, whose original location was Bokalci Castle. Next to the Town Hall staircase there is a monument to the memory of Ivan Hribar (1851-1941), a famous mayor of Ljubljana.
The cutest of the Balkan countries and also the richest, Slovenia is a tiny wonderful secret. Its capital city, Ljubljana, is not be missed. Go from mountains to sea in the same day.