Brighton Fishing Museum and Quarter

Visualizza sulla mappa

Peace Statue





ERROR:

Adobe Flash Player 9 (or newer) needed



...click here to download...



This statue, known as the Peace statue, was unveiled in 1912, some 30 ft tall, depicts an angel of peace, holding an orb and an olive branch. It is in fact a memorial to Edward VII, 'The Peacemaker', who convalesced several times in Brighton and restored some of the town's fashionable reputation. The statue sits on the old dividing line between the two towns of Brighton and Hove before they became a City.