The village of Richelsdorf is located in the mountains in the west north west between Hessen and the Thuringian Untersuhl. It is traversed by the Weihe river. In the centre of the village, the Gothic church was rebuilt between 1705 to 1716 in Baroque style. The church, with two galleries distinguished by the pictorial decoration in the style of the "Bauernbarock". The family of von Cornberg has long been a patron of the church. Adjacent to the church is the former mansion of this family, which is connected directly by a passage to the church.
[Parts of the description based on "Richelsdorf" at de.wikipedia.org]