The world’s northernmost mainland lighthouse. Put into operation in 1905.
During the German retreat during the Second World War (autumn 1944) the tower was blown up and the rest of the buildings were also levelled to the ground.
The lighthouse station was rebuilt in 1946-1948. The tower is 39 metres tall and the only cast iron tower in Finnmark.
View More »