Likes

Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda

Vologda - the cultural center of Russian North. Situated between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Vologda was founded in 1147. On that panorama you may see the monument to 800-years of Vologda, whose were building in honor of that date in 1947

Copyright: Shusharin Eda
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8000x4000
送信日: 09/05/2009
更新日: 23/09/2014
見られた回数:

...


Tags: vologda
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Andrei Zdetoveţchi
Cârţa Monastery #3
Ruediger Kottmann
Werkstatt - ehemals Küche der Gaststätte Harmonie
Diego Dabrio Polo
Enchanted Town, Murcia, Spain
Vil Muhametshin
Mala, her trainer and his assistant after their last show in Riga Circus
Rafał Szmigiero
EC1 Power PLant, Targowa Str. Lodz, Poland
Marcio Cabral
Hiking Fitz Roy
Krzysztof Jurczak
Morning River
Martin Broomfield
Borobudur Yogyakarta Indonesia
Arroz Marisco
Laguna Chinancocha
Mark Schuster
Veteran Bicyclists
Arroz Marisco
Meeting of Three Lagos
Vil Muhametshin
RUSSO BALT fire engine, 1912 - at the Riga Motormuseum, Latvia
Shusharin-EDA
Babushkina
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Russian House
Shusharin-EDA
shavchugov's village
Shusharin-EDA
Krugly dvor 2
Shusharin-EDA
Круглый дворик
Shusharin-EDA
Kyrovsky skver
Shusharin-EDA
Торговый центр Oasis в Вологде
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - Rodina
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Red Bridge
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Вологда площадь Петра Ильича Чайковского
Shusharin-EDA
Pokrovskoe Park
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.