3 Likes

Kremlin area
Copyright: Alexey yuzhakov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
送信日: 22/01/2010
更新日: 10/09/2014
見られた回数:

...


Tags: kremlin; area; vologda; winter; cold; sun; russian winter; snow; sophian church
comments powered by Disqus

Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Вологодский Государственный педагогический университет
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Andrea Biffi
Galleria by night a Milano
Ralf Neuhaus
Siemens Science Express Wagon LED Panel
Walker Young
The Main Stadium
Prainhailhadofrade
Tom Hurley
Grand Canyon South Rim
Gregory Panayotou
Playing With Turtles
Ricardo Murad
Helicóptero KAMOV en el Centro Comarcal de Incendios
Vasily Kumaev & Andrew Mishin
Voskresenskoe. Abandoned church. Interior. (2009)
Walker Young
The Main Stadium
Gregory Panayotou
Te Mana O Te Moana : The Turtle Nursery
Igor Marx
KundenCenter VWN
Simona Bartolomei
Devils Bridge Valley
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Pushkin street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo 2 Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Вологодский Государственный педагогический университет
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Semyenkovo. Zhukova house. Stove
Alexey Yuzhakov
Yaroslavl. Andropova street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.