N
N
Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
このパノラマをシェアする
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. 詳しくはこちら
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, 連絡ください
Embed this Panorama
高さ
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, 連絡ください
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.

LICENSE MODAL

0 Likes

VueTranseptÉgliseSaints-Martyrs-Canadiens, Québec, Québec, Canada
Province du Quebec

    http://www.saintjeanbaptiste.org/

    The parish was founded in 1928 and following the canonization of seven Jesuit martyrs by Pope Pie XI on June 29, 1930, it was decided to dedicate the parish to their honour. The church was built in 1929-1930. The project was realized even though there was, at that time, a world economic crisis. The plans were drawn by architect Héliodore Laberge, brother of Rev. Adolphe Laberge, parish priest of the time. On April 29, 1030, newspaper L'action catholique described the building as follows:

    "A Romanesque church, 214 ft. (65.2 m) long by 77 ft. (23.5 m) wide at the nave and 114 ft. (34.7 m) at the transept and a height at 58 ft. (17.7 m) under the vault. There is no lateral gallery and can sit 1170 people. There is a ambulatory on each side of the nave. The interior is made of aeroctite (a mixture of brick and special cement). The church, built by Philippe Mathieu, was to be delivered by mid March 1930 at a cost of 191,000$."

    The construction of the spires (that will never be built) and the completion of the interior of the church were postponed except for the chancel of which it was written: "with its byzantine decorations, this chancel is amongst the most beautiful churches in town." The church was blessed on September 14, 1930.

    It is an uncluttered place of worship and the latine cross layout is very visible. The interior decoration was carried out only in 1951 according to plans prepared by Héliodore Laberge. These works were completed in December 1954. It seems that the completed interior is very similar to the one designed back in 1929. Under the copola, a fresco depicting Sts. Canadian Martyrs was covered with paint and replaced by a statue on a lateral altar.

Copyright: Vincent Royer
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 15000x7500
Taken: 28/04/2011
送信日: 28/04/2011
更新日: 10/03/2015
見られた回数:

...


Tags: vuetranseptÉglisesaints-martyrs-canadiens; quebec; canada; saints-martyrs-canadiens québec canada
comments powered by Disqus
More About Province du Quebec