Wat Chaiyo Worawihan is one of the most prominent tourist destinations of Angthong Province, housing the famous ‘Phra Maha Phuttha Phim’. This second-class royal monastery is characterized by a triple-tiered roof and an impressively carved gable. This temple was originally a small ordinary temple constructed during the Ayutthaya period. This temple gained prominence during the reign of King Rama IV, when Somdet Phra Phutthachan, a revered monk constructed an enormous seated figure of meditating Buddha, (fondly referred to as ‘Phra Maha Phuttha Phim’) with white plaster in 1894. This image had a lap width of 5 meters and a height of 7 meters.