0 Likes

Bridge of lovers
Copyright: Dmitry levin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 11212x5606
Geüpload: 25/06/2012
Geüpdatet: 04/07/2012
Keer bekeken: 169
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Mark Schuster
Veteran Bicyclists
Krzysztof Jurczak
Morning River
Martin Broomfield
Borobudur Yogyakarta Indonesia
Arroz Marisco
Agua Azul Waterfalls, Chiapas, Mexico
Werner Joemann
Vorplatz Grabeskirche in Jerusalem
Arroz Marisco
Meeting of Three Lagos
Diego Dabrio-Polo
Enchanted Town, Murcia, Spain
Vil Muhametshin
RUSSO BALT fire engine, 1912 - at the Riga Motormuseum, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
Mala, her trainer and his assistant after their last show in Riga Circus
Rafał Szmigiero
EC1 Power PLant, Targowa Str. Lodz, Poland
Marcio Cabral
Hiking Fitz Roy
Arroz Marisco
Laguna Parón
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.