Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Deel dit panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Lees meer
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, neem contact met ons op
Embed this Panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, neem contact met ons op
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.



Old Tartu Observatory

The old Tartu Observatory is known internationally for its connection to Friedrich Georg Wilhelm von Struve and the Struve Geodetic Arc, of which it is the first reference point.

The Tartu Observatory was founded at the Imperial University of Dorpat as it was reopened in 1802. The observatory building was completed in 1810 on the Toome hill in Dorpat. The instruments were installed in 1814 by von Struve who subsequently started observations. In 1824, a 9" Fraunhofer refractor arrived, the largest achromatic telescope in the world at the time. When von Struve began assembling his Geodetic Arc in 1816, the doorstep of the observatory became its first point.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartu_Observatory

View More »

Copyright: Andrew Bodrov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 13912x6956
Taken: 22/06/2012
Geüpload: 01/04/2013
Geüpdatet: 04/04/2015
Keer bekeken:


comments powered by Disqus
More About Estonia