St’ Peter’s (Sv. Petera) church is the finest example of Gothic architecture in the Baltics. It was first mentioned in documents in 1209, the church belonged to the city and was meant to serve the citizens of Riga.
To find more about the St. Peter’s church visit virtual tour of Old Riga:
Originated from a small fishermen village, for centuries Riga has been an important part of the trade chain between Russia and Western Europe. A lively crossroad of cultures and backgrounds for over 800 years, the historical centre of Riga has accumulated an impressive cultural baggage and today is justly included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage list.