3 Likes

Kremlin area
Copyright: Alexey Yuzhakov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
Geüpload: 22/01/2010
Geüpdatet: 10/09/2014
Keer bekeken:

...


Tags: kremlin; area; vologda; winter; cold; sun; russian winter; snow; sophian church
comments powered by Disqus

Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Jucatulli
Vitoria Es
Vil Muhametshin
Vecaki beach in wintertime, Latvia
David Mariotti
Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Gothic Room
Bernd Kronmueller
Conwy castle old suspension bridge
Jorge Santos
capela menino jesus de praga
yunzen liu
the Tibetan Prayer Flag on Biri Sacred Mountain Nyingtri
Vil Muhametshin
Plenary chamber of the Latvian parliament in Riga
Rahim hamada-www.deja-view.org
white desert mushroom4
jacky cheng
Jinan Qianfoshan-Poke Holes-2
Juri Pozzi
Old Nobel Factory Signa 03
Andrea Biffi
Colonna Traiana e Fori Imperiali
Vil Muhametshin
Mellow evening at the beach of Etretat, Normandy, France
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Алексей Южаков
Semyenkovo. Zhukova house. Stove
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Pushkin street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
Алексей Южаков
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo 2 Museum
Алексей Южаков
Yaroslavl. Andropova street
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.