Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
The Flynn House is one of the few historic buildings original to the Living History Farms property. Martin Flynn earned his fortune through railroad construction, and bought the 550 acres that are now Living History Farms in 1867. He moved his wife Ellen and their children to Iowa, named the farm “Walnut Hill,” and built this Italianate style house for their family. The Walnut Hill Farm was considered one of the finest country estates in the area, and boasted fourteen rooms, a full cellar and attic, cupola and stylish second floor balconies. A formal parlor, sitting room, and dining room provided space for entertaining.