Likes

Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda

Vologda - the cultural center of Russian North. Situated between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Vologda was founded in 1147. On that panorama you may see the monument to 800-years of Vologda, whose were building in honor of that date in 1947

Copyright: Shusharin Eda
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8000x4000
Uploaded: 09/05/2009
Atualizado: 23/09/2014
Visitas:

...


Tags: vologda
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Nobutaka Asahi
Anataki
yunzen liu
Sichuan UNESCO World Heritage Jiuzhai Valley——The Lying Dragon Lake
Hana Dusíková
Villa Tugendhat - Lower terrace (UNESCO heritage)
Heinz Bruckschloegl
Dom St. Peter - Glockenturm
Heiner Straesser - derPanoramafotograf.com
Termessos 5, Turkey
Daniel Christaldi
HARP gun (next to second smaller gun)
Uwe Bücher
Ruta de los Volcanes - Lavas la Malforada
Uwe Buecher
Barranco del Agua
Michael Maniezzo
Abhaneri Step Well
Yasushi Kishimoto
Dsc07535l Panorama
Andre Kurenbach
Ruhrgas 01
Tina Gauer & Oli Burle - www.360tourist.net
Secret Canyon in Sinai - The Arch
Shusharin-EDA
Revolution square
Shusharin-EDA
Krugly dvor 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Вологда площадь Петра Ильича Чайковского
Shusharin-EDA
Круглый дворик
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Pokrovskoe usadba
Shusharin-EDA
Вологодский государственный ордена «Знак почёта» драматический театр
Shusharin-EDA
Babushkina
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Red Bridge
Shusharin-EDA
shavchugov's village
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Russian House
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.