The park was planned simultaneously with the hospital buildings and created 1868-1872 and is thus part of a design unit. The main building was originally surrounded by small special gardens, to which the patients of the various departments had direct access. In the south and west of the actual park are walking paths, rest areas, a pond with a bridge, a fountain and a bowling alley. The medieval buildings in the southeast had been incorporated into the park. The park and the most special gardens were designed in the so-called late style landscape garden, the extensive vegetable and fruit gardens in the east in geometric style. This deliberate juxtaposition of the two competing styles of the period is something very unusual. The generously proportioned plants were not only served for representation and self-sufficiency. Their purpose was also to contribute to the well-being and recovery of patients. Striking is the generosity and grandeur of the Königsfelden institution that may not be taken for granted. The cost of the gardens were one of the largest items in the building accounts.