The theater was built in 1718 by Margrave Georg Wilhelm built. On 10 January 1719 saw the inauguration of the Opera "and Argenis Poliarchus". 1740 to 1743, the auditorium at the suggestion of the Countess was Wilhelmine of Bayreuth by the famous Italian theater architects Paolo Gaspari redesigned.
With the acquisition of the Principality of Bayreuth by the Kingdom of Bavaria , the theater came into its possession. 1817 gave the later Bavarian King Ludwig I , the theater and the ball room of the University of Erlangen , the theater was "Royal University Theatre." In 1838 the sale of the theater was in the city of Erlangen. After renovation it was on 4 December 1838 as the "City of Erlanger theater" re-opened.
In 1957 it came up for discussion, whether the theater should be demolished or preserved. The city council finally voted for the so-called "big solution" to preserve, so that in subsequent years to complete renovation and new construction of the flanking areas (such as foyers and stairs) came. In December 1959, the theater was The Marriage of Figaro opens again.
From 1973 it came to building its own municipal theater companies. The house has since been operated in the so-called "three-pillar model" with its own productions, guest performances and concerts.
1998-2000 was the last major renovation of public spaces.
"Acquire the theater" with his second theater venue in the garage (90 spaces) is headed since 2009 by the director Katja Ott.
Wikipedia:The Max & Moritz Prize is a prize for comic books, comic strips, and other similar mate...
Erlangen is a Middle Franconian city in Bavaria, Germany. It is located at the confluence of the river Regnitz and its large tributary, the Untere Schwabach. Erlangen has more than 100,000 inhabitants.
Erlangen is today dominated by the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and the numerous branch offices of Siemens AG, as well as a large Institute of the Fraunhofer Society. An event that still influences the city was the settlement of Huguenots after the withdrawal of the Edict of Nantes in 1685.