Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
This five sailed mill, built in 1837 by the millwright, John Oxley, is one of the finest tower mills in England. Alford was one of 2 local towns that had 4, 5 and 6 sailed windmills, the other being Horncastle.
For most of its life, this mill was worked by the Hoyles family who also ran other mills in the area. It stopped working in 1955 and in 1957 was bought by a private owner who restored it to working order. In 1978 the mill, which is one of three working windmills in the area, was taken over by Lincolnshire County Council and is now under lease.