0 Likes

Grotta di Lourdes
Piedmont

The Grotto of Lourdes is located in Monte Calvario in Domodossola, Italy. The Grotta of Lourdes was inaugurated on June 8, 1908 in the fiftieth anniversary of the apparitions the Virgin to Bernadette in Lourdes, France. The work was done by the plastic artist Pietro Maria Mosca.

Copyright: Luis Marques
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8000x4000
Загружена: 28/07/2012
Обновлено: 13/05/2014
Просмотров:

...


Tags: grotto; nature reserve; monte calvário; domodossola; piemonte; lombardia; italy
comments powered by Disqus

Luis Marques
Santuario del SS Crocifisso
Luis Marques
Center Spiritualità Rosminiana
Davide Pizzigoni
Montecrestese - Locality Pontetto - St. Joseph Street
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola locality Oira - an alley
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - An Alley
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - Overview from the Church
Kay F. Jahnke
Passo Di Basagrana
Kay F. Jahnke
Punta Della Rossola
Kay F. Jahnke
Ridge from Mottac to Testa di Menta
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac 2010
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac
Davide Pizzigoni
Vogogna Frazione Genestredo - Un Vicolo
Andrea Biffi
Panthéon
Andrea Biffi
Via Mala
Vasily Kumaev & Andrew Mishin
Balovnevo. Church. On the roof (2010)
Christian Laheyne
The Hassan II mosque in Casablanca
Trebol-a
Casa del comandante
Henry Alvarez
Tower of Hercules
Jon Jasper
Tonto Natural Bridge
Ivor Linington
Norwich Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts Spiral 2
Geoff Mather
Lynmouth Harbour Devon England Uk
Marcio Cabral
Olho D'agua water spring3
Christian Laheyne
Hassan II Mosque
Alexander Peskov
Antalya. Lara. Falez Park Rocks
Luis Marques
Saas Fee - Untere Dorfstrasse
Luis Marques
Saas Fee - Panorama Bridge
Luis Marques
The chapels of Rosary
Luis Marques
Elisabethenkirche - Interior
Luis Marques
Frauenkirche
Luis Marques
Kirchenfeldbrücke - Bern
Luis Marques
Stockalper Castle – Brig
Luis Marques
Palace Borromeo, Isola Bella
Luis Marques
San Carlo Church - Milan
Luis Marques
Paco de Arcos Beach
Luis Marques
Peak Orient Station
Luis Marques
Palácio da Pena Entrance
More About Piedmont

The name Piedmont comes from medieval Latin Pedemontium, i. e. "ad pedem montium", meaning "at the foot of the mountains": Piedmont, whose capital is Turin, is surrounded on three sides by the Alps, including Monviso, where Po river rises, and Monte Rosa. It borders France, Switzerland and the Italian regions of Aosta Valley, Lombardy, Liguria and Emilia Romagna. Its history was linked for centuries to Savoy dynasty: since 1046 Piedmont was part of County of Savoy, raised to Duchy of Savoy in 1416, evolved in the eighteenth century into the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia. The role of Piedmont for Italy's unification is comparable to the role of Prussia for Germany and his army was the engine of the unification process, ended with the creation of the Kingdom of Italy in 1861. The presence of Savoy in its territory bequeathed a large number of castles and residences. Lowland Piedmont is a fertile agricultural region, producing wheat, rice and maize and is one of the great winegrowing areas in Italy. The region contains major industrial centres: FIAT automobile plants in Turin, Ferrero's chocolate factories in Alba, tissue and silk manufactories in Biella, in Ivrea Olivetti was an important technology center, publishing in Turin and Novara.