Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
The history of the zoo can be traced back over 90 years ago. In 1914, when Taiwan was still under Japanese sovereignty, Mr. Oe, a Japanese, established a private zoological garden in Yuan-shan, on the northern suburb of Taipei City. The Japanese Government in Taiwan purchased the property the next year and turned it into a public park. After World War II, Taipei Zoo was formally taken over by the Taipei City in 1946. In 1970, the amusement park next to the zoo was consolidated into a 5.8 hectares park, providing entertainments and education for several generations of children and adults.