Fort Columbia State Park

Fort Columbia State Park, Washington State

Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War, the battery was used as a Civil Defense Shelter, and in...
Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War, the battery was used as a Civil Defense Shelter, and in...
Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War, the battery was used as a Civil Defense Shelter, and in...
Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War, the battery was used as a Civil Defense Shelter, and in...
Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War, the battery was used as a Civil Defense Shelter, and in...
View of the Gun #2 Powder Room of Battery 246.Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War, the batte...
View of the Searchlight Powerhouse and entrance to Mine Casemate building adjacent to the park entrance.Fort Columbia was built in 1900 and served as part of the Harbor Defense of the Columbia River until it's closure in 1947.  In addition to many...
Battery Crenshaw was completed in 1900 and was equipped with three 3-inch guns.  The guns were removed in 1920 when the battery was deactivated.Fort Columbia was built in 1900 and served as part of the Harbor Defense of the Columbia River until it...
Battery Murphy was completed in 1900 and was equipped with two 6-inch guns on 'disappearing' carriages.  The battery was active until 1945.Fort Columbia was built in 1900 and served as part of the Harbor Defense of the Columbia River until it's cl...
Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War, the battery was used as a Civil Defense Shelter, and in...
View at the central corridor junctions with Battery 246.Construction of Battery 246 was started in 1944, but with the end of World War II the guns were removed and the battery was deactivated having never been fully completed. During the Cold War,...
Scarborough House was originally built as the Fort Columbia Hospital in 1903 and today is available for vacation rental through Washington State Parks.  This spacious rental features 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, kitchen, large dining area and common room.F...
Scarborough House was originally built as the Fort Columbia Hospital in 1903 and today is available for vacation rental through Washington State Parks.  This spacious rental features 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, kitchen, large dining area and common room.F...
Scarborough House was originally built as the Fort Columbia Hospital in 1903 and today is available for vacation rental through Washington State Parks.  This spacious rental features 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, kitchen, large dining area and common room.F...