N
N
Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Dela detta panorama
För icke-kommersiellt bruk
Detta panorama kan bäddas in på en icke-kommersiell webbplats utan kostnad. Läs mera
Vill du gå med på Terms & Conditions?
För kommersiellt bruk, kontakta oss
Bädda in detta panorama
BreddHöjd
För icke-kommersiellt bruk
För kommersiellt bruk, kontakta oss
Licensiera detta panorama

Förbättrar reklam, redaktionellt, film, video, TV, webbplatser och mobila upplevelser.

LICENSIERA MODAL

0 Likes

Elvas Aqueduct
Elvas, Portugal

O aqueduto de Elvas começou a ser construído em 1537, por ordem do Rei D.João III de Portugal, para melhorar o abastecimento de água à cidade de Elvas. Após vários precalços e atrasos, a obra foi inaugurada em 1622. É o maior aqueduto da Península Ibérica, com cerca de 8 km, desde a captação da água na fonte da Amoreira, até ao fim no Largo da Misericórdia cidade de Elvas, Esta magnífica obra, tem no início, cerca de 1367 metros de galerias subterrâneas, tem 843 arcos com mais de 5 arcadas e torres de 31 metros.

Copyright: Adelino Chapa
Typ: Spherical
Upplösning: 6324x3162
Taken: 30/08/2011
Uppladdad: 30/08/2011
Uppdaterad: 22/03/2015
Visningar:

...


Tags: aqueduct; elvas; alentejo; portugal; heritage
comments powered by Disqus
Mer om Elvas, Portugal

The site, extensively fortified from the 17th to 19th centuries, represents the largest bulwarked dry-ditch system in the world. Within its walls, the town contains barracks and other military buildings as well as churches and monasteries. While Elvas contains remains dating back to the 10th century ad, its fortification began when Portugal regained independence in 1640. The fortifications designed by Dutch Jesuit padre Cosmander represent the best surviving example of the Dutch school of fortifications anywhere. The site also contains the Amoreira aqueduct, built to enable the stronghold to withstand lengthy sieges.UNESCO