Michurinsk, Monument to Michurin
Липецк, площадь Ленина
Michurinsk (Russian: Мичу́ринск), before 1932—Kozlov (Козло́в), is the second most populous town, industrial and cultural centre in Tambov Oblast, Russia.
Michurinsk is located at 52°53′N 40°29′E Coordinates: 52°53′N 40°29′E. Population: 96,093 (2002 Census). It was founded in 1635 at the northern end of the emerging Belgorod Line. A 25 km earthen wall was built eastward across the open steppe effectively blocking the Nogai Trail, a Tatar raiding route. The success of this line led to the building of further lines further south. It received town status in 1779. It is named after an outstanding Russian scientist Ivan Vladimirovich Michurin. It is home to Michurinsk air base.