The 1927 Buick, a Model 27-47, was purchased in 1961 for 50 dollars. Other than the upholstery and paint, all restoration work was done by Bruno, the owner. The car is powered by a 274 cubic inch, 4.5 liter, 6-cylinder OHV engine that develops 29.4 horsepower.
Moving to the right is a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner, powered by a 460+ cubic inch, 7.5 liter, hemi V-8 (525 horsepower) that was originally 426 ci. When new, the car came with a 383 ci, 6.3 l, Magnum V-8 (325 hp), but that engine didn’t have enough power for Ron, the owner, so he replaced it with the big hemi.
Iva’s 1968 VW came from a relative in Alabama and was towed to Michigan where it was brought back to life. The car is stock, except for the bright yellow paint job.
The 1960 Cadillac Sedan de Ville was owned by Mrs. Elva Kirby in Decatur, Illinois. It sat from 1972, when Mrs. Kirby died, until 1987, when it was towed to Michigan and restored by its current owner.
This panorama was taken in the parking lot of the former Emerson School (closed in 1982), where the people pictured first met over 35 years ago.