N
N
Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Dela detta panorama
(This panorama is not available for embedding)
För icke-kommersiellt bruk
Detta panorama kan bäddas in på en icke-kommersiell webbplats utan kostnad. Läs mera
Vill du gå med på Terms & Conditions?
För kommersiellt bruk, kontakta oss
Bädda in detta panorama
BreddHöjd
För icke-kommersiellt bruk
För kommersiellt bruk, kontakta oss
Licensiera detta panorama

Förbättrar reklam, redaktionellt, film, video, TV, webbplatser och mobila upplevelser.

Detta panorama är för närvarande inte aktiverat för kommersiell licens. Klicka här att be oss att hjälpa dig att hitta ett utbyte. Om detta är ditt panorama, Klicka här Detta panorama är för närvarande inte aktiverat för kommersiell licens.

LICENSIERA MODAL

1 Like

Wrigley Memorial - Catalina Island
Santa Catalina Island

The Wrigley Memorial honors the memory of William Wrigley Jr., who lived from 1861 to 1932. Although best known as the founder of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, largest manufacturer of chewing gum in the world, he also played an instrumental role in the history of Santa Catalina Island. He truly loved the island, and with undying enthusiasm and energy, he brought numerous improvements: public utilities, new steamships, a hotel, the Casino building, and extensive plantings of trees, shrubs and flowers. William Wrigley Jr.'s greatest legacy was his remarkable vision and plan for the future of Santa Catalina Island -- that it remain protected for all generations to enjoy.

With its commanding view of Avalon Bay, the Wrigley Memorial is the centerpiece of the Botanical Garden. It was built in 1933-34 with the goal of using as much Catalina materials as possible. Quarried Catalina stones can be seen in the reinforced concrete construction -- the facade having been sandblasted to hide the cement and highlight the native crushed stones.

The blue flagstone rock on the ramps and terraces comes from Little Harbor, on Catalina's "back" side. And the red roof tiles and all the colorful handmade glazed tiles used for finishings came from the Catalina Pottery plant, which was in operation from 1927 to 1937. The marble inside the tower was quarried in Georgia.

text courtesy of the Catalina Island Conservancy

View More »

Copyright: Carel Struycken
Typ: Spherical
Upplösning: 6610x3305
Taken: 22/02/2008
Uppladdad: 04/09/2008
Uppdaterad: 28/02/2015
Visningar:

...


Tags: landmark; park; catalina island; avalon
comments powered by Disqus
Mer om Santa Catalina Island