Wikipedia: "The Khaled ibn al-Walid Mosque (Arabic: مسجد خالد ابن الوليد) is a mosque in Homs, Syria, located in a park along Hama Street in ash-Shuhada Square. It is of recent construction compared to the city's major mosques, built by the Ottomans around 1908. Other sources claim it was originally built by the Mamluk sultan Baibars in the late 13th century and that it was renovated by the Ottomans.
The mosque has been called an "impressive example of Turkish architecture, with its large courtyard and walls decorated in alternating bands of black and white stone." It has two tall white stone minarets that lends lightness to the imposing structure. The slender colonnade in black and white stone in horizontal rows is representative of traditional Islamic architecture in the Levant. The interior of the structure is mostly composed of a large prayer hall and the central dome is supported by four massive columns. In the corner of the interior is the mausoleum of Muslim general Khaled ibn al-Walid who led the Muslim conquest of Syria and after which the mosque is named."