The Viboldone Abbey, " Abbazia di Viboldone", is the only remaining part of an ancient complex and it is considered one of the most important medieval buildings in Lombardy. The sober interior in the 360photo presents three naves and is covered by cross vaults. Many are the 14th century frescoes preserved in the church, painted among the others by Giusto de Menabuoi, Michelino da Besozzo and a florentine master close to Giotto. The church was founded in 1176 and completed in 1348 by a community of Humiliates Monks, "Monaci Umiliati". Presently it houses a community of Benedectine Nuns.
The area of current Lombardy was settled at least since the 2nd millennium BC, as shown by the archaeological findings of ceramics, arrows, axes and carved stones... continues on wikipedia