The small church of San Bartolomeo is located within the small hamlet of the same name, located north of Salò, at mt. 480 above sea level, on the slopes of the mountain that bears the same name.
This is how Silvan Cattaneo describes it in the sec. XVI: “S. Bartolomeo and Serniga are famous, both almost at the top of the mountain, also known as S. Bartolomeo, from which this village took its name, which is directly above Salò, for its spacious meadows full of apple and chestnut trees, and irrigated by very fresh and clear fountains, and likewise for very large and shady woods and for decorated and fruit-bearing hills with vines, which produce sweet and very delicate wine, and for other noble trees that are there; vague, pleasant, delicious more than any other in the contours of our Benaco”.
The hamlet developed particularly from the 16th century, counting a population of 40 inhabitants in 1658, 48 in 1727, 55 in 1791, 62 in 1805, 90 in 1835 and in 1848, 65 in 1875 and in 1908, 50 in 1913, 53 in 1939, 80 in 1963, 21 in 1971.
The fraction, once accessible only via steep paths, was "reached" after the war by a comfortable paved road, built through work sites and with the contribution of the frontists. There is an interesting little church dedicated to the Apostle San Bartolomeo.