The Waddamana A power station in central Tasmania. Opened in May 1916 and closed in 1965 is now a museum. It was the first hydro electric power station in Tasmania operated by Hydro Tasmania. Adjacent to it is Waddamana B power station which operated between 1931 and 1995. They were fed by water from the Great Lake through canals and pipes. Some of the original pipes were made of wood staves.