Build a power plant site at. Targowa St. started 26 May 1906 year. The buildings are planned to accommodate up to 4 turbine sets with a total power of 6000 kW (6 MW), the first draft of 10 December 1905,provided for only two turbo sets . Construction, start-ups during the revolutionary years 1905-1907 several intermittent strikes, proceeded rather sluggishly and continued for nearly half of the year. Only on 18 September 1907, the network included the first of two turbines 3000 V, 1300 kVA (1.3 MW) turbine was 1500 revolutions per minute. In the construction of power plants used reinforced concrete construction, innovative for its time.
Power Lodz, the second largest in the former Polish Kingdom after the Warsaw, it was very "brute force - about 90% of power sold in the first years of its operation was used to drive engines, as opposed to the plant in Warsaw, which was then almost entirely plant lighting. Power Lodz nastawiała mainly on the supply of electricity for industry, because it was much easier for factories to use the local steam engines. Installed a single electric motor, a typically high-power (although on average 10 kW), served without the hassle of the role previously served as the steam engine.