Ak Cami, located in the intersection point of Akdeniz and Alaaddin Avenues in Akarca Neighborhood of Anamur District, is a single-domed, large and square mosque made wholly of stone. There must have been an arcaded narthex section annexed to western wall of the main building, but it is completely destroyed. People enter into the mosque through the low-arched, stone gate on the western part of the mosque. The two windows positioned on either side of the mihrab (niche) were manufactured in a contracting form. The gaps like bastions of a castle surrounding the side of the dome in this mosque are the rare examples of its kind in the traditional Turkish Architecture.
Despite the fact that we can read the date “1326 AH” in the 6-line epitaph placed on top of the main gate, it is surely not the original epitaph of the mosque. Alaaddin Mosque was renovated and the surroundings were rearranged in 1998 by the General Directorate of Foundations.