The mosque located in downtown Tarsus District was originally built during the rule of Caliph Harun al-Rashid in 788. Byzantines, who invaded the region in 962, transformed it into a church by the name of “St. Pier”. Sultan of Mamluks reverted it back into a mosque in 1362, and added a minaret. Ramazanoglu Ibrahim Bey gave the current look of the mosque and adjoining Kırkkaşık Bedesten (covered bazaar). The clock tower on the corner of the mosque was built in 1895 and the shadirvan in the garden was added in 1905. Tombs of Prophet Seeth, Luqman and Caliph Memun are in the shrine annexed on the east of the mosque. Şıh Muhammed Hasani is buried just by the shrine.