Nave. The first Romanesque monastery dating from the 6th century from the Swabian king Teodomiro. The first reconstruction took place in 1060, with the actual support become one of the richest and most powerful northern monasteries. With the advent of the movement of the counter-reform of the century. XVI, the monastery becomes headquarters S.Bento Congregation of Portugal and Brazil. Several reconstruction campaigns and expansion within the line of the new rules of the liturgical space, are implemented between the century. XVII and XVIII. The original Romanesque monastery disappears and gives way to a authentic yard-school, where architects, masons, sculptors, carvers, gilders and ensembladores, will leave here stylistic marks that will influence other works to be developed in the north of Portugal and even in Galicia during the phase of the Baroque and Rococo.